Specialist in Neurosurgery
MBChB (CUHK), MRCS(Ed), FCSHK, FHKAM(Surgery)
What is a Neurosurgeon?
A neurosurgeon is a medical doctor who undergoes many years of rigorous training highly specialized in dealing with surgical treatment of problems of the nervous system, namely the brain, spinal cord, pituitary gland and the backbones.
Personal profile of Dr. Larry Wong
Dr. Larry Wong graduated from the Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1995. He underwent training in general surgery in Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital and then neurosurgery trainings in various neurosurgery centres, including Princess Margaret Hospital, Tuen Mun Hospital, Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital and Queen Elizabeth Hospital. He completed his neurosurgery training and became a specialist neurosurgeon in 2006. Dr. Larry Wong continued to pursue his interest and proficiency in spine surgery and skull base surgery by undergoing overseas trainings in Canada and Taiwan. He worked in Queen Elizabeth Hospital for more than 15 years, pioneered the development of minimally invasive spine surgery and collaborated with Orthopedic Spine surgeons in dealing with complex spine cases. Dr. Larry Wong is the first to introduce endoscopic skull base surgery to the department. He established an interdisciplinary team with ophthalmologist and ENT surgeons in various areas of complex skull base diseases. Dr. Larry Wong possesses shrewd clinical sense and outstanding operative skill, he has a strong personal faith and commitment in quality service and patient care. Besides, Dr. Larry Wong is enthusiastic in teaching and sharing of experiences. He organized central commissioned training in neurosurgery for microscopic and endoscopic skull base surgery, being the faculty of the Hong Kong Baltic Sea Endoscopic Neurosurgery Course for skull base surgery, chairs and conducts presentations in various local and international conferences, ex-committee in the Neurosurgery Central Clinical Audit.
Target Patient Groups
All age groups.
Scope of Services
• Emergency Neurosurgery – stroke, head injury, subdural haematoma, infection
• Brain tumour – craniotomy for benign and malignant brain tumours
• Minimally invasive brain surgery – endoscopic transsphenoidal surgery for pituitary tumour, key-hole surgery, endoscopic assisted skull base surgery
• Spine surgery – spinal tumour, degenerative spinal diseases, minimally invasive spinal surgery
• Cerebrovascular surgery – stroke, aneurysm, vascular malformation
• Hydrocephalus – VP shunt, endoscopic third ventriculostomy
• Functional – microvascular decompression, epilepsy surgery返回上一頁